Friday, August 04, 2006

My Dorky Food Network Boyfriend


Think Bill Nye with a cooking show and you'll get Alton Brown. I've been in love with his Food Network show, Good Eats, for quite some time because he explains the science behind cooking and laces his shows with movie spoofs and humor instead of close-up shots of olive oil bottles with techno in the background. (This would be every other inane cook on Food Network aside from Rachel Ray, who I like a lot, but can't stand it when she yells "Yum-O!" and uses silly words like E.V.O.O.(extra virgin olive oil)).

The other night his new show premiered: Feasting on Asphalt. I informed Ray that the TV would be mine at 10pm. He sighed his usual sigh (he hates watching Food Network with me) and got out a book. Then he asked to borrow my MP3 player when the show started. He stuck in the earphones and said "Now you can moan if you need to." It's great to have such an understanding husband. But really I was moaning over the hot dogs fried in melted butter...MMmmmmm Alt--I mean, BUTTER.

1 comment:

Beckle the Freckle said...

*Sniff* Oh, Alton! You are too gorgeous for words! I had to add a comment here so I wouldn't be sad that no one loved you as much as I do. Or maybe that's a good thing...hmmmmmmmm...

Oh dear, I'm a giant dork.