Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Curiouser and Curiouser


I'm sitting in front of the computer heartily munching my way through a bag of baby carrots because I'm SO desperate for sugar I think I might do something rash to get some. It's amazing what a person will do to get food they shouldn't eat when they know they can't have it. I'm trying to pretend that this bag of carrots is chocolate and I can have all I want...but my body knows this is a big fat lie!

I'm not sure what to post today. I'm having an internal argument with myself. I have another cookie recipe, but it features peanut butter. Again. And wouldn't that be overkill? I could post something healthy. But nah. I have a sandwich recipe...but can you really have a recipe for a sandwich? I mean that's like a recipe for root beer floats. Ice cream and soda. Put it in a cup. Drink it. BLAH.

I don't know why I worry so much. This is my blog and it should be whatever I want. I just worry that people will think I'm a self-absorbed psycho. Oh wait...didn't I already tell you that?

Initially I thought I would blog about whatever food I was making on the day. But I realized if I blogged about what I made over the weekend, it would be three pages long and you really would think I had problems. Especially if I told you how long I obsessed over the recipe I ended up with for the olive salad I used on the muffulettas.

*SIGH*

Suggestions?

4 comments:

K2 said...

I would love to hear about what you cook over the weekends..that would make me super happy. I really love this blog because it helps me appreciate a side of you that has grown since we grew up! (Ewww..we're grown ups..I don't feel that way..do you?)
Also I think that you should blog about whatever you would like and for as long as you would like. Besides..we all love it.

Uno Kidney said...

I freaking LOVE sandwhiches. I searched out the receipe for the Sandwhich Adam sandler makes on Spanglish. SEARCHED IT OUT. Does that make me lame? It looked awesome, like a heart attack, though. Made the PNUT butter cookies for my secretaries meeting today. I'll let you know how it goes. I always make a treat for them for meetings, and sometimes we just have Treat Friday for no reason what so ever.....
Anyhoo. I freakin love sandwhiches. And this blog.

Beckle the Freckle said...

Wow...I haven't seen Spanglish. What sort of sandwich was it? I LOVE sandwiches too! I'm pretty much a sucker for anything that involves bread!

I hope the Peanut Butter cookies are fab. Ray's work ladies think they should take up a collection for me to make more for them, so they're working their magic down here. Let me know how they turn out! :D

Uno Kidney said...

The cookies were a big hit. BIG HIT. I took Half and Kyle took half to work, and basically I am a star. There is this volunteer where I work (a Rehab Hospital) and every Wednesday she brings a schmorsgashboard (I don't know the correct spelling) of treats, at least four different varieties of baked goods that she makes, cookies, cakes, bars, etc. We take up a collection for her every now and then and get her a gift card to a store, because she is such a cooking STAR!!! Anyhoo, the Spanglish sandwhich is pretty simple, but it has a friend egg on it (over easy, I think) and bacon and stuff... Here is a link to it


http://members.cox.net/jjschnebel/SpangSand.html

Bake on!