Thursday, August 03, 2006

An Explanation Of Sorts

I have been thinking about doing a seperate blog for a while dedicated just to my obsession with cooking and food. I love everything about it. It is one of the few things in life that relaxes me when I feel everything else crashing in around me. Unless, of course, I am doing something fancy, like decorating a cake or making a gingerbread house. In that case, I turn into a raving lunatic. Just ask BigScottishJerk.Com.

I remember my roots of baking. My mom pretty much let us loose in the kitchen as long as we'd clean up after ourselves. (Pfffbt!) It is the best way to learn. I made a lot of gross concoctions, I burned myself a few times. I really, really loved to make things and pretend I was a waitress. I remember thinking that Jolly Ranchers would be beautiful on a cake, like jewels, until I realized that you cannot bite into a piece of cake that is studded with Jolly Ranchers.

These days I bake and cook sheerly for the pleasure of having the occasional taste of something lovely, a lot of things that are homemade and healthy, but also to share what I love to do with the people I love the most.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the new blog!

Jolly Rancher Cake - haha!

(am quite disappointed to see that BigScottishJerk.Com is not an actual website...)

Beckle the Freckle said...

That title was Ray's idea. When I started blogging he thought that's what every single thing I wrote would be about. He'd always say something like "What are you writing about on BigScottishJerk.com today?" Silly boys.