Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup butter, room temperature*
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
~Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
~In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and the sugars together until light and fluffy.
~Blend in pumpkin, egg and vanilla extract.
~In separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
~Mix flour mixture into butter-sugar mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
~Drop tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
~Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes until golden around the edges.
~Remove warm cookies and transfer to racks.
*To make the cookies a little more healthy, replace 1/2 cup of the butter with 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce and follow the rest of the directions.
6 comments:
what a cute little, darling little face. we love that cute little, darling little face. love, grandma y. we also love her mom's baking.
No...I don't think she would lie. Bewitch perhaps, but never lie...
Made these and love them, love them. Do you know if the apple sauce makes them more moist?
These look good. I think I might try them with some Pamela's Baking Mix instead of flour. I've been craving cookies lately - just ask Meagan - she won't make me any, can you believe it?!
Awww...my baby girl is the cutest isn't she? :D I'm not proud or anything.
Applesauce has more water in it than butter or margarine would, so they do make them a lot more moist than they would be otherwise. I think I had to bake them a little bit longer with the applesauce version. I'm so glad you loved them! They are a favorite at our house for sure. We can demolish a whole batch in less than a day...which is probably not good, but...well, there you have it. :)
I can't believe Meagan won't make you cookies! Has her brain been destroyed by the despicable actions of BBJ.com? Let me know if they work out with the Pamela's stuff. Sheri says it's really great for gluten free!
Dana is extremely cute!
I made 2 batches of cookies Sunday night (go me!) - 1 gluten free (with Pamela's baking mix) and one regular (with half whole wheat flour, half white). They all got eaten within 24 hours. I used applesauce in both versions, but only put chocolate chips in the regular version.
Last night for dinner I baked the last of the gf cookie dough and had my family try them. Amber was excited and gobbled down about 5 of them, so Jarom got brave enough to try them. Cameron wasn't so sure. Jarom told him, "You should have one, they're actually pretty good." Which, from Jarom, is VERY high praise.
Amber said, "They taste kind of like graham crackers." You know, she was kind of right. I was just glad to have cookies to eat! I won't even tell you how many I ate. It's a good thing I made the applesauce version!
Post a Comment