What could be better than hot, homemade cobbler straight out of the oven, scooped into bowls and topped with a giant scoop of vanilla bean ice cream? The only thing better than that is when it takes about 5 minutes to make. The hard part is waiting for it to bake! No one will need to know...powder your face with flour, tell them it took positively AGES, and bask in the buttery, sugary glow!
Don't be distracted by the directions or how this looks when you put it in the oven. Follow them. Seriously...it's magic!
~*Magical Peach Cobbler*~
1/2 cup butter
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup milk
1 quart peaches in juice/syrup*
~Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
~Put the butter in a 9x13 baking dish and put it in the preheated oven until it melts.
~In the meantime, mix together the the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
~Stir in the milk and blend until smooth.
~When the butter has melted in the baking dish, remove from oven and pour the batter evenly over the butter in the hot pan.
~Pour all the peaches and juice evenly over the butter & batter.
~Put the cobbler back into the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Makes 8 servings.
* You can use any kind of fruit you like that comes canned or bottled in juice.
3 comments:
Hmmm. Do you think you can add oatmeal to this? 'Cause I looooove oatmeal in a cobbler.
ymmmmmmmy, sounds heavenly. I love peach cobbler! thanks for sharing.
I don't know about putting oatmeal in it...I've never tried! It's more of a cakey cobbler than a crisp type cobbler. If you try it let us know how it goes!
I shall post my Mommy's apple crisp (which I think would be realllly nice for the snow day that today is turning into) that includes a lovely, oaty topping.
Post a Comment