Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday Special

I know you've either been out shopping all morning or sleeping off the tryptophan from your turkey dinner (I myself am enjoying some fabulous leftover cornbread stuffing that my sister made) and now you need something else to do.

If you have any kind of fresh or frozen fruit in the house, these muffins are perfect. The original recipe is for peach & nectarine. When I made them I just used fresh peaches. You could also use mangos, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries...even if they're frozen straight from your freezer. Use your imagination! Then you can head back to the couch for a muffin and a nap.

The Best Peach Nectarine Muffins

1 and 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1 ripe peach, peeled, pitted and diced
1 ripe nectarine, peeled, pitted and diced
(or use 1 and 1/2 cups other diced fruit)
brown sugar for topping

-Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
-Grease or line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
-In a large bowl combine flour, white sugar, salt and baking powder.
-Add oil, egg, and milk.
-Stir only until blended together.
-Fold in fruit.
-Fill muffin cups to the top.
-Sprinkle with brown sugar.
-Bake 15-20 minutes, until muffins test done.
-Eat, eat, eat. Happy post thanksgiving!

No comments: