Friday, May 18, 2007

More Peanut Butter

These cookies are so good that I've had people tell me I should enter them in the state fair. Isn't that cute? And to be honest, I've been making them for such a long time I actually thought I'd already posted the recipe. But I haven't. Shame on me.

So here it is...lovely peanut butter filled cookie goodness. Screaming for a glass of milk and a nap. What a nice thing for the weekend.

Sorry for the lack of pictures. My camera is dead. *sniff*


Peanut Butter Filled Chocolate Cookies

Peanut Butter Filling:

3/4 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup peanut butter

-Mix together until smooth.
-Roll into thirty 3/4" balls and put in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or until firm (I put them in the freezer if I'm in a real hurry.)

Chocolate Cookie Dough:

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg white
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

-Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
-Cream together the butter, peanut butter and sugars.
-Mix in the egg white and the vanilla.
-In a seperate bowl mix together the dry ingredients.
-Add to the butter mixture and mix until just combined.
-Roll into 30 balls.
-Flatten the balls and put a cold peanut butter ball in the middle, wrapping the dough around it, sealing the seams together.
-Place at least 2 inches apart on cookie sheets, flatten slightly with a glass dipped in sugar.
-Bake for 7-9 minutes until cookies are crackled and set. Don't bake over 9 minutes.
-Cool for a couple of minutes on the cookie sheets, then cool completely on racks.
-Drizzle with icing if desired.

Icing:

2 tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
milk as needed

-Mix together in a bowl until smooth.
-Spoon into a plastic bag, snip the corner and drizzle in a zig-zag over the cooled cookies.

No comments: