I'm on a candy-cookie jones this week. I wonder if it has something to do with Valentine's Day being right around the corner?
I posted this recipe quite some time ago with another recipe for "Better Than Sex Brownies", so I thought I'd bump them back up to the top on their own. (Plus now I have a lovely picture of them!) They are definitely worth repeating! The cookies have a rich brownie flavor, coated in sparkly sugar and a Rolo is tucked inside for a spiffy surprise.
I find it amusing that so many people wonder how I got the Rolo in there... :)
Rolo Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 and 1/4 cups flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
40 Rolo candies, unwrapped
-Put Rolos in the freezer until you're ready to assemble the cookies.
-Cream butter and sugars until fluffy.
-Beat in vanilla. Then beat in eggs one at a time.
-In a seperate bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder and baking soda.
-Pour into butter mixture and mix well. (The dough is very stiff)
-Refrigerate the dough for at least one hour.
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
-Pour 1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl.
-Roll the dough into walnut size balls (or use a cookie scoop) and push a frozen Rolo in the middle. Wrap the dough around the top of the Rolo until completely covered, then roll the ball in sugar.
-Place on ungreased cookie sheets 2 inches apart.
-Bake for 10 minutes.
-Let the cookies cool on the pan for 2 minutes, then remove to cool on racks.
Makes 40 cookies.
No comments:
Post a Comment