A few weeks back, before we left for our trip to Scotland, I made a couple different kinds of cookies for Ray to take to work. I honestly can't remember what the other batch was...I think chocolate chip? But I also made a batch of lemon cookies that involves pre-packaged mixes and are isanely easy to make. I completely forgot to post either recipe because the chocolate chip one has gone MIA and I haven't found it since. I'm sorry it's taken me this long to put it up because they are lovely!
I got the recipe from a friend I used to work with at JCPenney back when I was going to UCMT (Utah College of Massage Therapy) and it's been a favorite of mine for a while. Mostly because I love lemon. But also because you just throw everything in a bowl and mix it up. Who doesn't love that?
Easy Peasy Lemon Drop Cookies
1 package lemon cake mix
1 small package instant lemon pudding mix
1/3 cup oil (I use melted butter in place of the oil, but it's a personal preference)
2 eggs
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 to 3/4 cup white chocolate chips (optional)*
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
-Put all the ingredients except chocolate chips and mix well.
-Stir in chocolate chips at the end if you're using them.
-Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet.
-Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are light brown but still soft. Don't bake longer than 12 minutes.
-Cool on sheets for a couple of minutes to firm up then cool completely on rack.
--------------------------------------------
*The original recipe doesn't have white chocolate chips in it, but I thought they were a nice change. They are also lovely without the chips and dusted with powdered sugar.
No comments:
Post a Comment